- This event has passed.
Final Orchestral Rehearsal for The Kingdom
30th April 2016 @ 12:30 - 15:30
Please arrive in the Cathedral at least 15 minutes before the start time of 12.30 for this important final rehearsal, with orchestra and soloists.
The BCS coach will leave the Conquest Theatre car park in Bromyard at 11.15, arriving in Hereford by 12.00, so that singers can deposit possessions in the green room and get into their seats in plenty of time for the start of the rehearsal.
The chorus green room for the day will be the Zimmerman Hall of Hereford Cathedral School, on the first floor of the Zimmerman Building. This building is the former telephone exchange at the corner of Church Street and the Cathedral Close, on the left as you come from the North Door of the Cathedral. Many thanks to Hereford Cathedral School for permitting us to use the Hall, and to David Evans (Head of Music) for making the time to unlock the building and lock up again. Because this is his responsibility, we cannot (contrary to an earlier version of this page) have ongoing access to the room; times are given below the map.
- Open 12.05/12.10, close 12.30
- Open 3.30, close 4.00
- Open 6.45, close 7.20
- Open for 40 minutes following the end of the concert. (NB David Evans has to get away promptly after this, so this is not extendable.)
Please be aware that:
- There are no separate changing facilities – we have the use of the large hall and no more.
- The hall is on the first floor, accessed by a relatively long staircase.
- Toilet facilities are relatively limited (one male and one female set). The gents are an extra floor up, location of ladies to be checked. The Cathedral toilets are some distance away, adjacent to St John’s Door (round the other side of the east end).